CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mountainous Impact -- A Higher Point of View

"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From whence shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

The summer after my 7th grade I had the opportunity to attend a camp for one month in the Rocky Mountains with my youngest brother, Clark. The camp was called Ute Trail, and it was located in the small community of Powderhorn just outside of Lake City, Colorado. We had many adventures during the month, but one memory that has stayed with me all these years was when we hiked to the pinnacle of Mount Uncompahgre. That mountain is one of the 14, 000 foot plus mountains found in Colorado.

We left early in the morning on that hike, and we reached the precipice in the early afternoon. The scene was unforgettable! There was a shear cliff on one side of the topmost point and a gradual descent on the other side from where we had hiked. From that vantage point, we were told that we could see 5 states -- Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico and of course Colorado. You could literally see for many miles!

Any mountain, by its nature, is the highest point in a given area. That again reminds me of the Lord. If I should need wisdom, why should I not go to the highest source of wisdom? Only God can provide that, as He sees and knows everything! He can be my source of help.

From the highest point of all, God infinitely transcends time and literally can see forever. And that kind of sight spans in all directions -- eternity past and eternity future. In battle, they say the highest point can provide a scout the opportunity to see an enemy coming so that He may warn his fellow troops and they can become better prepared. So from God's vantage point, He can see when my enemies will come and work to prepare me for that battle -- if I will but look to Him.

And again from that highest point, God can see me now and what I can and will become. He sees me becoming like Jesus at Jesus' coming, but He knows what must be done in my life in the meantime to complete His work in me.

If I will but look up to the mountains, I will be reminded where my help comes from!

0 comments: